26 12 2014
Red Onion Chilli Chutney
- 4 large red onions, finely chopped
- 2-4 chillies de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 70 g caster sugar
- 120 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp cooking salt
|Total Time||2 1/2 Hours|
|Prep Time||30 Minuets|
|Cooking Time||2 Hours|
|Makes||4-5 X 227Gram Jars|
- Cut and Dice the Onions, Finely mince the garlic and ginger.
- Over a medium heat, heat the oil and gently cook the Garlic and Chilli for a minuet, then add the onions and cinnamon. Taking care to not burn them as you gently cook them.
- Add the sugar, tomato purée and vinegar. Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should be thick and when a spoon is pulled through, it should leave a clear path.
- Pour the warm mixture into warm sterilised jars, ensuring there are no air bubbles in the mixture and seal them immediately.